Friday, April 22, 2011

book binding

Now that 2-d is coming to an end and there's no more sketchbooks to be completed (thank god! that was getting incredibly redundant to a point where it was causing every week to blend together), its time for the annual session of sketchbook binding. Our class was lead by pack leader Girard (whose named after the street I assume.....or visa-versa), who reimbursed the laws of successful bookbinding shown to us last semester.
Showing up slightly late to class foreshadowed my tendency to fall behind the rest of the class when stitching the signatures (folios, singular sketchbooks, folded paper, etc..), together--as far as i could tell I was the only one who had to take mine home to finish sewing.

After glueing Japanese paper over what became the spine I let the book dry over night only to find in the mourning that the book shifted, and the whole shebang is now oriented on a slant.

No comments:

Post a Comment