The next part of the sketchbook binding had to with constructing a hard cover to fit around the bound pages and create something that looks official. This next part of Girard's lecture involved a large amount of measuring and cutting in order to create a perfect fit for the folios. Since there was no sewing involved, I was able to keep up with the clan throughout this stage of the game. Being a bit nervous about gluing at first (i have a history with poor craft caused by hassles with glue), I was surprised when everything went well; especially since I was using Japanese paper, which can be hard to work with.
I haven't finished putting mine together yet but the next phase involves pasting the two end pages of the folio to the inside of the cover. After that I'm going to paste a sheet of red Canson over the inside of both cover pages in order to give the book a more contrasting/ dynamic feel. I definitely have to buy glue though, because I'm running out of Sobo and I wont have access to the studio's Yes Paste (and it takes a shit load of glue to do anything in the world of bookbinding).
No comments:
Post a Comment