An assignment to be based upon our 2 previous assignments (a drawing of snow and a drawing of the sky); my drawing teacher gave the class the task of going out into the world, sketching something, and then doing anything and everything we wanted to it--getting buck wild, buck nasty, fucking it up, going bananas on the drawing. Aside from the size requirement of at least 4 ft in one direction, it was a very open ended assignment.
I first went out and sketched a local neighborhood at night. Then as directed by the preliminary assignment, I got buck nasty on it.
I wish I had gotten pictures of the sketches I did b4 I changed them because they were pretty good.
Then after a critique, I was onto the 4 ft drawing.
Phase 1: vine charcoal, compressed charcoal, and chalk pastel.
Phase 2: more chalk pastel, more and more.
Phase 3: completion with more chalk pastel, oil pastel in the foreground (to add texture, make it pop, give it some texture, give it the ol' salt n' peppa, give it some zazz, etc..), and the cropping of a few inches off the bottom (for composition's sake).
No comments:
Post a Comment