Being that I've never really thought about studying abroad, today's Foundations lecture could have been a useful tool for making a decision on how to spend future year here at school.
About a minute or two into the presentation I realized that I never thought about studying abroad for a reason--it doesn't appeal to me at all. Speakers discussed studio type environments in Rome and Japan and I just couldn't get into it. Don't get me wrong, if someone handed me tickets to Japan or Rome I'd hop all over the opportunity, but it would be to get away from doing work ("relaxation"). That's what traveling is more about for me, actually getting a chance to see a new place and not just at bars after work either; that's not shit to me. I'm somewhat "O.C.D." (maybe just overly curious) about learning my surroundings, weather it be by foot or car I'm always going to be looking for something (or nothing) to get into. This is why the slides of students busy at work in the depths of a studio made me think "what a waste of a vacation--traveling so far away to do the same shit I'm doing right now."
By the end of the seminar I was setting a personal record for the most awkward position I've ever fallen asleep in-- an extreme slouch in my chair with the lower 75% of my back lying flat on my chair and my legs straight out in the aisle. The top of my torso was propped upright by the back of my chair while my backpack acted as a blanket. I awoke in a daze when people started to trip over my feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment